Monday, October 28, 2013

Objectives for the week of October 28, 2013

In celebration of Halloween, we'll be having a special school-wide focus on being tuneful, beatful, and artful (my current favorite words). So what does that look like, exactly?
  1. Tuneful – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes.
  2. Beatful – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either 2s or 3s.
  3. Artful – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit a feelingful response.

In grades K-3, the primary objectives of this week will be:
  • I can explore the range of my voice.
  • I can move expressively to music.
  • I can experience the beat in music.
In grades 4-5, we will continue testing for Recorder Karate belts.
  • I can play with a steady beat.
  • I can play with appropriate phrasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

Loading

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...